Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Doing Whatever it Takes

Many times since I stopped publishing Evolving Woman I have thought of new projects to start. You know, that book I’ve never quite finished, a new workshop or seminar, post a Web site. Usually, I’m too busy to even think about them, let alone start working on one. I knew these things were my passions, but I didn’t have the energy to pursue them. Or I thought they would take too long to reach fruition. I finally realized I had to be stable, secure, and want it badly enough to be at a place where I could go forward.

I don’t necessarily mean stability in a financial sense. When I had a stable, predictable income I couldn’t move forward. The job was so demanding, my time and energy so limited, that there wasn’t a way to move forward. But I do believe we must have the stability of a secure income to pursue our dreams—otherwise, the worry over money negatively affects the process. So, for me, I’ve decided it’s a matter of wanting it badly enough, then doing whatever it takes. Which for me includes a stable income, but one that has less demands on my energy and time so that I am free to pursue my passions with patience.

Warning: the following includes blatant self-promotion.

Since this realization I’ve taken on the three aforementioned projects with zeal. I’ve posted a Web site promoting my writing services, workshops and syndicated content: Dutton Communications (yes, click on that link and check it out). I’ve almost finished that book and plan to publish it first as an e-book. I’m in the process of creating a workbook, which I’ll sell as an e-book as well, but is really a tool for a new workshop I’m creating.

For years now I have been paring down, simplifying my life. I eliminated anything that did not serve a purpose. I let go of so many attachments that at times I felt naked, but in doing so I created a space for new growth. And now, I feel that I finally have the freedom to create.

1 comment:

chrissy said...

I am so glad you have taken on this web-site, I had no idea what all you have done! This is so great to read what you have written!! Amazing!! Please keep going with it!